Lomi Lomi Massage is Hawaii’s Traditional Massage Therapy. Born here in the Hawaiian Islands, this particular massage has been passed down from generation to generation. Lomi Lomi is the ancient healing art of Hawaiian massage. Traditionally the techniques of Lomi Lomi were guarded by the Kahuna (masters) of the village. This sacred art form was passed down through the family line, to the child most suited to receive this knowledge. The secrets were never revealed to outsiders. To keep this tradition alive, a few Kahuna have been motivated to teach selected students outside the family.
This rare, yet beautiful massage modality is a full body massage that incorporates a very rhythmic style similar to the oceans tides.
How does Lomi Lomi help heal the body?
Lomi Lomi encompasses the whole person by bringing the body into spiritual, mental and emotional well being, ensuring physical harmony. Lomi Lomi restores functional mobility to the body, relieves musculoskeletal pain, and brings the body’s energies into balance.
What will I experience?
- The history and principles of Lomi Lomi.
- Basic understanding of muscles and their function.
- Breathing techniques in conjunction with superficial and deep muscle manipulation.
- Skills to release specific muscle dysfunction.
- Rhythm and movement necessary for successful body harmony.
- Proper use of bio-mechanics and body-weight instead of physical strength.
- How to use Lomi Lomi in daily life.